Cloud And Mobile Technology For Lawyers Saving Clients Money
"It keeps prosecutors connected to the office 24/7," says Rob Sanders, one of the attorneys. "It makes the office more efficient and more responsive. They go everywhere."
A couple of other lawyers, Chad and Christine Cooper have been trekking to the law office every day for years. But cloud and mobile technology now allow them to work from their home or anywhere else they wish to work from. They are passing the savings on to their clients.
"Our clients don't have to pay for Italian marble in our lobby," Chad Cooper said.
As more lawyers embrace cloud and mobile technology, virtual offices are increasing and lawyers are finding themselves spending less time at the office and more time traveling and multitasking, as they can perform their legal tasks as they handle other business or daily tasks.
Tom Meghill, formerly an attorney, is now an information governance consultant. He is also the author of "iPad for Lawyers."
"There is more of a move to mobile technology," Meghill said. "Lawyers...are finding a way to do things on the move."
While none of these lawyers have given up the practice of meeting with clients face-to-face, there is lot more interaction over cloud and mobile services. Dropbox and Google Drive are two of the main cloud services that make these lawyers more efficient. They can store documents, photos and videos on cloud servers, then access them from their laptop or mobile device. This cuts down on the costs of buying and maintaining expensive hardware such as computer servers.
The best part is that clients now have different expectations of lawyers. They no longer have to feel as though they are paying for expensive and lavish offices for attorneys, now they know they are paying for specific expertise.
"It's faster and it's saving (the client) money," Meghill said. "They say, 'I want to pay for the benefit of your experience' " but not bricks and mortar.
- Itopia Introduces White Paper on Why Lawyers Should Embrace Cloud Computing (hispanicbusiness.com)
- How mobile technology created a workforce that never stops working (bluesyemre.com)
- Mobile Technology is the Future of Monitoring Released Inmates (prweb.com)
- How mobile technology created a workforce that never stops working (arstechnica.com)
- Easy vs. safe: doctors and lawyers fight to keep secrets in the cloud (theverge.com)
- The Launch of LawNearMe.com Revolutionizes the Dreaded Search for the Perfect Attorney (prweb.com)
- FAA Awards Fusion PPT Prime Contract (prweb.com)
- Harris Teeter tests mobile wallet technology (bizjournals.com)
- St Cloud business attorneys provides best solution (famousbusinessattorney.wordpress.com)
- Public Cloud Spending To Exceed $107 Billion In 2017 (shoretelsky.com)